Installation Guide – Templating/Fitting
Any information not available to the templater at the time will in most cases delay the manufacturing of your new worktops. We will call you a day or two prior to Templating to make sure everything is ready for us, and to confirm what time we will be with you.
The templater will provide you with all the information you may require about your worktops, and also answer any questions you may have regarding installation and after-care of your stone.
We aim to install your stone within ten days after Templating, in normal circumstances.
To enable us to template your granite worktops, the following conditions must be adhered to:
- Existing worktops must have been removed;
- Sinks and hobs must have been removed;
- All base units (cabinets/bathes/vanity units, etc) must be fixed in their final position and perfectly levelled;
- All appliances (sinks, hobs, taps, etc) must be available onsite;
- Heavy range cookers should ideally be fixed in their final position prior to Templating;
Area to be templated must be cleared and easy to access.
To enable us to fit your granite worktops, the following conditions must be adhered to:
- For fitting of breakfast bars any legs that may be used must be on site on the day of fitting;
- Water and electricity must be provided for our fitters;
Clear access through the property must be ensured, as some pieces of stone can be very heavy.